Lots of questions????

I have always had a flow issue in my 75 gallon tank, mostly due to me always buying the cheap $30.00 powerheads (I have 3 maxi-jets 600 in my tank). They don't seem to be cutting it anymore, or maybe they never did....anyway I'm looking to buy a new flow source mechanism and was wondering if anyone had any good advice on what I should buy and what to stay away from?

Also I have a cheap Protein Skimmer too (Prizim) and don't really want to get rid of it so I was thinking if I got a second, used cheap Protein skimmer, would that be just a good a one good protein skimmer? I'm cheap so the lower the cost the better?

What is the best type of paint to buy to paint the back (mine is presently brown and I want to repaint it blue)????

I going to be buying about 50 pounds of live rock too, anyone know where is the cheapest/best price/quality to buy rock?

I am revamping my aquarium tring to make it look more appealing, I had lost all my coral due to an overheating issue in the summer and am wanting to get it back to looking good. I do a 10% water change ever other week but it seems the tank always look dirty...I am hoping once I have a better flow system and put coral back in the tank this problem will go away. A couple of the rocks seem to have a hairy green algea growing off of it. I have scubbed it off of one of the smaller rocks but it seems to come back in a week, again its only on about 3 of the rocks? Anyone have an idea to why? (flow maybe)???

Smile

bump up to MAXI JET 1200 best bang for buck.
    SEIOS are also very good.

I remember you have no sump correct?
    whats your bioload?? [how many/what fish]
    hair algea is a sign of to much nutrients. either over feeding/under skimmed/not enough water changes.
    are you adding liverock because you don't believe you have enough? or because you just want more? sometimes to much rock can impede flow and create dead spots.

You are correct I have no sump.

I only have 2 clown fish and 1 small damsel...I feed them once a week, frozen raw shrimp

I would like more rock to cover more of the sand and back wall, I hate to see the back wall full of slime/algea and I hate dirty sand so I figure if I cover most of it with rock, it will look better?

As Johnny Said, I do have 3 MAXI JET 1200 in my 77g and feel that I am still missing one at the bottom.

I do have one right in the middle on top of the tank and one on top right that is pushing water over the bottom. The third one is in the bottom rear corner and clear up the back of the tank.

I am thinking of probably adding one for the near front left but don't have a lot of space since the tank is full of LR.

With those 3 MAXI JET 1200 I never had any algae problem and I'm touching wood.

Fred
    180g AGA inwall W/ 2 overflows W/ 205g sump 20g fuge, 77g W/ 30g sump 12g fuge w/mag 9.5 pump.

ToX
    I got 2 seio 1100 in my 75g, no problem with algea and everything is happy . Seios are pretty cheap to compare to tunze... you can get used one for like 50$
    2 crappy skimmer dont equal 1 good skimmer.

Does anyone know where I can get the best price for maxi jet 1200?

If I remember correctly since I was looking for the info myself, almost all store are selling the MAXI jet 1200 around $35.

Ivan have decent price on power heads and you will get a better personal service.
    Ivan is selling them for $34.99.

Fred
    180g AGA inwall W/ 2 overflows W/ 205g sump 20g fuge, 77g W/ 30g sump 12g fuge w/mag 9.5 pump.

green algea problem

I'm just wondering if someone could tell me how to get rid of the green hairy stuff. I just did a water change 2 weeks ago, and normally do a water change every few weeks ever since I lost all me coral this past summer in an overheating problem? I would say my tank is still cycling but I am wondering if I can do something to get rid of the green stuff myself?

Also, I just bought 3 maxijet 1200 a week ago and before then I had a lack of water flow in the tank for about 4 months so maybe this is why I have such a green hairy algea problem now? ...anyway any advice would help.

possible aids

Hey there, a while back i had a mild hair algea issue. I bought 2 emerald crabs and they went to town. Areas that were covered in algea are now so clean the rocks acutally look white...kinda freaked me out thinking it was too clean..Could be something worth trying...especiually since these guys are only like $10.. And oh yeah, i do have an extra crab to get rid of...since my tank is now super clean.....now taking offers or trades ?