Salifert Magnesium test

I have the Salifert Magnesium test...

Step 3 says:

3) Add one spoon of Mg-2 powder (spoon inside) to the test vial and swirl fo 10 secondes.

What does "spoon inside" mean? All of the other tests say one level spoon or something like that but "spoon inside" ???? :confused-

Ivan
    "The Other" Ivan

kat
    is there a spoon inside the box that the test came it? that seems to be the only logical explanation

I would say it means that your spoon as to be filled up to the side. This is the way I do it and the results are good.
    180g AGA inwall W/ 2 overflows W/ 205g sump 20g fuge, 77g W/ 30g sump 12g fuge w/mag 9.5 pump.

Quote Originally Posted by kat
    is there a spoon inside the box that the test came it? that seems to be the only logical explanation
    Yes there is a spoon in the kit. The same spoon is also supplied in the Calcium kit and Phosphate kit except they ask for one level spoon of the reagent. In the Magnesium kit I just find it weird the way Salifert calls for the spoon measurment (unconsistent).

For now I just take a spoon full, I don't take time to level the quantity, and dump it into the test vial...

Ivan
    "The Other" Ivan

Now that you mention it "inside box" is strange. The directions were probably written by a different person than the cal. directions. I use a level spoonful.