Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aqua-safe system ro/di unit

i just purchased this aqua-safe ro/di unit and i set it up and it seems to be working but i was wondering, on the yellow line that goes out of the ro membrane, the metal valve that had a knob you can twist. how fast should i set the flow going out that tube?

thanks

I purchased one to second hand, can you post few pics of your setup......did you get tank resoivor with it?

Cheers

Temperature

Have been looking for RO/DI units and was wondering why they have a temperature range of 67F to about 78F? Tap water is colder than that and you don't want to use the hot water. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkpng View Post
    Have been looking for RO/DI units and was wondering why they have a temperature range of 67F to about 78F? Tap water is colder than that and you don't want to use the hot water. Any ideas?
    This is the optimum water temperature for the membrane, generally most residential type membranes are rated similarly. Essentially the colder the water the less permeate flow you have. The same goes for water pressure, if your pressure is lower than optimum, you'll get less permeate flow and thus a higher rejection rate, and lower output. With temperature having it too high could result in damage to the membrane. As mentioned this will be true for all membranes on the market and most will have very similar optimum operating specs. Bottom line is that you'll likely never see anywhere near 100GPD out of any 100GPD unit, but in reality, who goes through that much water in a day on a regular basis without realizing that they need something with a little more bang than these residential type units?

For the record I have an Aquasafe unit, and have been using it for almost 4 years and have yet to have a problem, although I wish I had one of the newer ones with the clear canister and color changing DI resin.

Thank You Samhain

Thanks for the information. I am going ahead and purchasing a coralife ro/di unit. If you have any information on LED lighting, not just moon lights, but to use instead of T5's and halides, it would also be much appreciated.
    Jim

my question was that my reject water has a valve that is adjustable i can even close my reject water and water is still coming out at the DI hose or i can turn the knob and water flows like crazy at the end of my reject

I believe that you're talking about the flush valve. When you first setup your system or you change your filters, you should flush your system by opening that valve for 15 minutes. This allows for 'cleaning' of your pre-filters.
    I can't remember if you're supposed to do that at other times. Others will chime in I'm sure.
    65g - 80lbs LR - 4x36" 39W T5 HOs (2x10000K,2xActinics) - CSS125 - 25g sump - Mag 7 return - Blueline SD-1100 Closed Loop with OM Squirt * 2x Amphiprion ocellaris - 1x Paracanthurus hepatus - 1x Zebrasoma flavescens
    29g - with stuff ;-)
    Coming Soon - 120g with more stuff

maybe it's the flush valve, but if it is, where does the reject water go out? on the picture the yellow line (the one with the valve) and the long blue one are the only "out" lines
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aqua-safe system ro/di unit-rodi2.jpg  

sorry, I'm not familiar with that model. We should ask deafgoose as I believe he has that exact system.
    65g - 80lbs LR - 4x36" 39W T5 HOs (2x10000K,2xActinics) - CSS125 - 25g sump - Mag 7 return - Blueline SD-1100 Closed Loop with OM Squirt * 2x Amphiprion ocellaris - 1x Paracanthurus hepatus - 1x Zebrasoma flavescens
    29g - with stuff ;-)
    Coming Soon - 120g with more stuff

thats very strange, from the pic you posted that metal valve added at the end of the yellow ''brine'' tube should not even be there. there seems to be another valve on the yellow line at the unit. is this correct??
    to tell you the truth, not sure why flush valves even exist? most high end units do not even use them. the flow restrictor inside the yellow tube does the work.
    I owned that unit and never flushed the system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast