Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Fastest usable tap water???

What is the SOONEST I can make use of temperature adjusted, aqua cleared tap water? Can I mix it up on Saturday morning and use it Saturday afternoon or evening? I will add air to it all day and mix it right in the tank. I know it's not the best situation but I need to move fast to address an issue and Saturday is the soonest that I will have time to address it from one end to the other.
    Rob

Id say add some chlorine and chloramine remover......air it up with some power heads.....put a heater in it for the mean time and the way you go....
    Derik...

I don't know if it would be good, but you could use disstiled water.

i am not sure but its to fill eather his 100 or 225..iit would cost aloe
    Derik...

Cool

aquacleared, I'm assuming you mean treated tap water. I would airate your new salt mix for a day. are you planning to add livestock to it?? I wouldn't new salt water is harsh in 100% mixture [no old tank water] and chloramine doesn't break down as fast or complete as chlorine did. I wouldn't use it. how much water do you need?? I could do a water change on my tank if you provide the salt.

I've used Aqua Plus, ( not Aqua Clear, but they may be named differently) a Nutifin product, and never had any problems.
    I heated and aerated, and added.
    Aqua Plus removes chlorine and chloramine, neutralise's heavy metals and coats to protect.( from label )
    If they are different I'd try and see if you can get hold of some Aqua Plus, it's good stuff.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I did the same thing when i moved from montreal to fredericton,nb...i arrived a 1h00 am..i had all the fish bagged up for 12 hrs....I set up my tank put in the 25 to 30 gallons of old water i had...mixed up the rest for the 150 with tap and chlorine and chloramine removers and 3 hrs later all the fish were in the tank without any problem..the only problem I had was later on was phosphate problem cause of tap water...i didnt have time to ,drip any RO water......I did that on my 30 gallons on my 44 gallons on my 55 on my 10 gallon and on my 150 gallons......i Always added a bit of old tank water.....but i never had any problems and know others that did the same without problems either...

Johnny,Why would that cause any problems?Do you think that the salt isnt all mixed right in 4 to 6 hrs?

The owner of the fish store i buy my fish from sometime when he does water changes..he uses ro but still...he mixes and 20 minutes later adds the water.....I do the same sometimes....put some ro and some salt...20 to 30 minutes later add the water......

You seam to think its not right....Please tell me why?Im not contradicting you...its just that if there something i dont know or do wrong......Its nice for someone to tell me

Cause personnaly i think the salt is made to be quickly disolved.....BUT if yo have sensistive corals or inverts its another story..ive always had hardy fish...
    Derik...

how much water do you need rob, ro/di water from culligan at the Rona store is about a buck a gallon, or from Loblaws 50c/gallon.
    We need more Indians!

if its for his 225 its would cost him at least 100$ plus the deposits of the bottles.....hey rob..what about your RO machine....is it because you dont have time to monitor it....
    Derik...

The water in Ottawa is prety good to start with (except for the Chloramine).

You could give the Chloramine something small to bind to such as a small amount of green water or other microscopic sized organic particles that you might already be using to feed your tank with and then aerate (not long enough for it to go bad).

Try this with a small amout first.
    HermitCrab

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast