Ca 450, alk 11.2 ok ?????

Since i started dripping kalk 24/7 ( 2 tsp per gallon) both calcium and alk have been rising steadily. I checked yesterday and calcium at 450 and alk 11.2 respectively. Three days ago they were at cal 430, alk 9.6. I've stopped dosing kalk and waiting for the level to drop a bit. Do you think the levels are ok now and should i just continue using kalk and keep testing it ?

thanks.
    90G bb mixed reef set up in April 2005. I had 40g mixed reef for one year before that

I drip Kalkwasser 24/24 and 7/7.

After some time, I found the exact amount of kalwasser I needed in my topoff to keep calcium and alk high and stable. That is what you have to do now. I keep my calcium at around 410 and my alk around 9.5. I say your levels are fine but I would not bring them higher.

And yes I would stop dripping and test often in the coming days and weeks. When your levels drop, start using kalk again but use less powder. Some drip at night only but I drip small amounts 24/24. You are looking for stability here. Because dripping kalk affects Ph, you want to avoid situations where you drip for two days then stop for two. Although you may have to do that in the first weeks until you find the right amount of kalwasser you need to drip to gain stability.

clownfish, peluche's advice is right on.
    I think that for dripping kalk, those readings are a little high. KW is so potent that at a kh of 11 and a high calc. ( I consider anything over 420 high) one false move and you could have a nasty precipitation event in the tank which will result in a really messed up ionic balance. Which necessitates major water changes to correct.
    If you are dripping kw 24/7 and getting those readings, maybe all you have to do is only drip at night. this will reduce the amount going in and will push up the ph at night when it normally falls.
    When I drip kw I start the drip a couple hours after lights out and keep it going for a couple hours after lights on. This way the kw picks up the ph just as it has begun to fall and stops dosing just after it begins to rise again.
    You should also be keeping a very close eye on your ph. Using kalk and getting a kh of 11 USUALLY means that the ph is very high...
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

Talking

Simple answer...You need more corals!

Thanks for the advice. I only drip it during night time now and going to keep monitoring the ph.
    90G bb mixed reef set up in April 2005. I had 40g mixed reef for one year before that