Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HOW long or HOW to remove Stress Coat

I added a full dose of stress coat to my tank on Sunday morning. Dose anyone know how long it will be before I can fire up my skimmer again without it over reacting and causing a foam storm? OR how can I remove that stuff. On a side note my anemone has never looked better since i added that stuff. It doubled its size and has stayed that way .
    Rob

i would think carbon would take it out, but its good stuff, just leave it in, i don't think skimmer needs to be on constantly anyway IMO

Smile

rob, can I ask why you'd add stress coat?? I don't think that stuff is a good idea for corals and anenome's.also, keep an eye on your anenome, when they double in size like that sometimes thats a bad thing, means there unhappy and are inflating to move.I know my LTA has been moving a bit the last few months because of my tinkering with the tanks lights and stuff.
    p.s you really shouldn't add anything to your tank in the way of chemicals IMO.

stress coat??!!

Why would you want to put that stuff in your tank. Please throw the rest out. I assume you thought your corals or fish were stressed. And now your skimmer is offline.....Not good. Do a large water change and change your carbon (if using) make up some more fresh salt water. Plug in the skimmer and replace water as needed.
    Jason

When I moved my fish from my 30g to the 65g I added a capful of stress coat and used the skimmer right away. The skimmer cup was full after the first day with green tea colored stuff but slowed down in the following day to about 1 cup per day. There was no foaming at all in the tank. And my lta anenome inflated within a few hours of moving and settled nicely now.
    Its been 2 weeks, all is well. Just my little story.
    Canons shooting coconut creme
    40 guns in a steady stream. :coolmad:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rock
    rob, can I ask why you'd add stress coat?? I don't think that stuff is a good idea for corals and anenome's.also, keep an eye on your anenome, when they double in size like that sometimes thats a bad thing, means there unhappy and are inflating to move.I know my LTA has been moving a bit the last few months because of my tinkering with the tanks lights and stuff.
    p.s you really shouldn't add anything to your tank in the way of chemicals IMO.
    Hey Johnny I added it to protect the fish because the mucus coting was coming off my fish in pretty big patches. The fish are now OK and as big as the anemone is it looks very good and is eating as usual when the clowns bring it food. So now I do want to get it out because its job is done. Will carbon pull it out?
    Rob

i'm really careful about how my anemone looks
    first signs for anything bad in my past has started with the anemone (or could be caused by)\

al long as its eating :speedbana
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

I'm with swimfins. Start up that bad boy skimmer and keep and eye on it. It might fill up once or twice but i'd say that will be the extent of it. Not that I really know but i'm thinking the skimmer is pulling out the stress coat when it fills up like that. just my opinion.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Smile

I understand bigguy, just that none of those postions and/or stress coat should be used in any reeftank IMO and I honestly don't believe in that stuff. if fish are shedding tons of mucus its becuase something is either bothering them or there sick but stress coat has not been proven to be effective or even neccesary. fish make there own slime. hope all is well with your tank? why were they shedding??
    also, that stress coat would bother corals IMO.

stress coat??!!

All the stres coat products available are petroleum based products, which is why your skimmer is going berzerk. Not wanted in your reef. Carbon will work but your skimmer will do it faster. Just let it skim and keep adding new water as necessary. Keep in mind that it is pulling out salt water and not to add just fresh R/O.
    Jason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast