Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By basile

Thread: Return from suicide

Return from suicide

Hi everyone. yes i've tried suicide. twice. Depression..... one thing that i really enjoyed the last time was the passion for aquariums. So here i am after 10 years of exile. The last time i had lost 12 thousand dollards worth of corals due to powers shortage and bad weather. This time i'm going with a power generator. The new set up is a 150 G starfire tank fed by a 75 G starfire display refugium with a collection of macroalgaes. The fuge will be split in two part one for seahorses and the other for Angler and what not. It will feed the reef by gravity so it'll be higher than the reef. And on a reverse "L" shape angle. lol so that my constructive project for the next few months of therapy. From the deep ends my friends.

craigsmsn likes this.

That has to be the most open first post I have read. Welcome to our community, and I look forward to you build. Hopefully it will get me moving on mine which has stalled during a house build.

Jason
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    That has to be the most open first post I have read. Welcome to our community, and I look forward to you build. Hopefully it will get me moving on mine which has stalled during a house build.

Jason
    Thanks, well honesty is very curative and shame or regrets are only harmfull to the owner. Building up my tank is a positive force, and living things makes you come alive . I've already started but i couldn't post before i post here. And being far enough in my therapy i have time now to share my project on line. I'm almost 8 weeks in the project.

Great to hear that you can talk about your past experiences. I think all to often people think they are alone because people tend to bury issues, and try to paint a rosy picture.

Jason
    Jason

Follow me here

Thanks you guys can follow me here now Two starfire tanks ,with two cats in the room meow.
    A 75 G starfire display refugium feeding by gravity my 150 G starfire rimless Reef tank project Follow me here; http://www.aquariacanada.com/forum/t...room-meow.html

Quote Originally Posted by basile View Post
    Hi everyone. yes i've tried suicide. twice. Depression..... one thing that i really enjoyed the last time was the passion for aquariums. So here i am after 10 years of exile. The last time i had lost 12 thousand dollards worth of corals due to powers shortage and bad weather. This time i'm going with a power generator. The new set up is a 150 G starfire tank fed by a 75 G starfire display refugium with a collection of macroalgaes. The fuge will be split in two part one for seahorses and the other for Angler and what not. It will feed the reef by gravity so it'll be higher than the reef. And on a reverse "L" shape angle. lol so that my constructive project for the next few months of therapy. From the deep ends my friends.

The good thing about it is that you enjoyed it and I know things happen. But I like your new setup and I hope it is possible for you to share the image to everyone here.