Senior Member Weddel Tech Support's Avatar

Helios T5 II HO

Available In:

24"
    36"
    48"

Are these online, with prices?

You can find it at any store who deals with our company.If you need the name of a store near you can PM me your location for a dealer near you.

I'm really happy with mu helios product but I was wondering what is the difference between the Helio Ii vs delux II?
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. --
    Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by gophia
    I'm really happy with mu helios product but I was wondering what is the difference between the Helio Ii vs delux II?
    Thanks for the inquiery gophia,
    Here is the classification for each product.

In aproxamatly 8 weeks there will be the HELIOS III fixtures that will be available.

T-5: High Performance standard
    T-5 II: A light fixture that features moisture
    resistant end caps
    T-5 II Deluxe: A non High Output light fixture with a
    aluminum reflector body and moisture
    resistant end caps.

Helios HO T-5 II High Output Deluxe: A light fixture that features moisture resistant endcaps and built in aluminum reflector

Banned
    I'm not a fan of the Helios HO T-5 II High Output Deluxe. The reflectors are, well, crap and the actinic (atleast to me) loses it's colour way too fast (very noticeable after 8 months). I've tried the Commodity Axis web site for information but it seems to be down at the moment. What are the specs, changes, or any information you may have about these Helios III?

I guess the helios Ii was really a typo for II?

It's good to hear that the helios III will out soon. I was told by the TGR on RC that the helios III will have a much improve reflector. Am I correct?
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. --
    Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by gophia
    I guess the helios Ii was really a typo for II?

It's good to hear that the helios III will out soon. I was told by the TGR on RC that the helios III will have a much improve reflector. Am I correct?

Yes you are correct I have the prototype here which I will take some pictures of,a MUCH better build and better reflector.

As for reliability,I cannot say that we didnt have returns since we did.But considered to the hundreds that we sold it was negligable,also after opening up and examining the defective units I found the major problem was they are being mounted to close to the water surface hence causing excessive moisture which is not good for any miniaturized electronic product.

They have made a change due to this and seal the ends with silicone. I still find that they should be mounted 4"-6" I have 2 testing on my system at different heights one Directly on the plastic trim and one sitting on my ReefRat, and have not had any issues with premature burnout.
    Glad to be of assistance,hope we were able to answer your questions concerning the products we distribute.

Regards
    WTS

***For inquiries about where to buy and pricing, PLEASE PM me we will refer you to a store nearest you.***

Banned
    Any pictures of the prototype yet? If you have a data sheet you could post on these new lights I'd be interested in reading it, or a link to where I could find it. Helios has a really bad name around here (quite a few returns, especially the actinic) and I'd like to see what has been done to correct their problems.

I dont have spec sheets since I was sent a prototype,I will take close up pictures of what I have though.

HTH
    Glad to be of assistance,hope we were able to answer your questions concerning the products we distribute.

Regards
    WTS

***For inquiries about where to buy and pricing, PLEASE PM me we will refer you to a store nearest you.***