Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm with you Johnny. As soon as those fish "settle" or make that "try" to settle in there will be trouble. Sorry but this was not a wise choice.
    Rob

I have 3 tangs in my 225. 1 med size and 2 small. They are always after each other. Now my tank is BIG enough for them to sort it out in with out damage but in a 56 gallon ... no way. they will sooner or later cut each other up or one will be forced to hide all the time and it will pine away.
    Rob

I'm sorry if I come off gruff but you can't imagine how many times this question [questions like this] have been asked by new reefers just for them to not heed any advice at all. weeks later, they ask for help and why did my fish all die, its sad from a reefers point of view. anyways, you'll learn the HARD way. we all make mistakes but some can be avoided.

I've got 1 hippo and 1 yellow in a 90G, that's about as small as I'd even consider those 2 fish, and I'm not positive it's going to work out long term. I might have to find a new home for one of them in 6 months.

So far they're fat & happy, but in the last 2 months they've stopped hanging out together. They now tend to stay away from each other, which means they're maturing & probably starting to stake out territories.

If they're able to do that they should be okay. If not, then one will have to go.

In a 56G, I have to agree. IMHO the 56 isn't big enough for the hippo tang long term, but it should be fine for a yellow. Once the hippo is fully grown he's going to have problems in that tank.

I'm not offically a member of the tang police, I have a blue in a 4' tank after all, but that's really as short as you should cut it for a fish that can grow to be 12". Plan on 8"+ for sure for that fish.

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Smile

not sure why you started an another thread on the same question you asked but its best to continue the thread you started in the ''FLAME ANGEL in a 56g'' thread because you psoted about the yellow in there. makes it easier for people to follow threads.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123